In today's Industrial Environment, the disciplines of Computer Science & Engineering and Information Technology have come to the forefront for providing tools and techniques to the rest of industry - Heavy Engineering, Science Sector, Finance Sector, Entertainment Sector and all other basic Industries. Especially after the advent of Internet the requirement for the design of newer and newer Computer applications has increased million fold, as even the small traders and businessmen have become globally connected and e-commerce has become the new business model.
In order to provide manpower for such a scenario, and inconformity with the mission of Netaji Subhash Engineering College has been to develop quality technical manpower through the departments of Computer Science & Engineering. The no of students that we admit for B. Tech. degree in Computer Science & Engineering-120.
The department is one of the very few Engineering Colleges in the Private Sector in the Eastern Region, who admits students in M.Tech, Computer Science & Engineering. The intake is 18. We also provide another Master degree course. As an Industry recognition, the prime Software Organization of the country TCS has also accredited the department.
Prime Organisations like IBM, TCS, Wipro, Accenture, Sasken, Mindfree- recruit students through campus interviews every year and in average 70% of the students are placed by the time they pass out.
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering was established in the year 1998 and affiliated by the University of Kalyani.
- In 2002, the Department was affiliated by the newly instituted WBUT (now known as MAKAUT)
- In 2005, M.TECH in CSE program has been introduced
- In 2005-2006, NBA accredited B.TECH CSE of B.Tech course for 3 years
The Department has the following laboratories:
The Faculty of the department is highly qualified and the focus areas of research that is carried out in the department are
- DBMS Laboratory
- Programming Laboratory I
- Programming Laboratory II
- Object Technology Laboratory
- Network Laboratory
- Research Laboratory
- OS Laboratory
- Microprocessor & Micro-controller Laboratory
- CSE Project Laboratory for carrying out final year Projects
- M.Tech. Laboratory
- Bio Informatics
- Cloud computing
- Machine Learning & Big data
- Web Technology
Dr. Atanu Das
Assistant Professor & HOD
Department of Computer Science & Engineering
Netaji Subhash Engineering College
Techno City, Panchpota