The department of ECE started its journey during the inception of the institute in 1998 with an intake of sixty (60) 1st year B.Tech. students. Since its establishment, the primary objective of the department has been to impart quality education, training and research in various functional areas of electronics and communication engineering. In the academic year 2001-2002, the 1st year B.Tech. intake of the department was increased from 60 to 90. Later, in the year 2005-2006, it was further increased to 120. In 2005-2006, the department also started its post graduate (M.Tech.) programme in Communication Engineering. The department is counted as one of the nationally renowned places for being accredited by NBA thrice and completing the TEQIP Phase-I successfully.
With the guidance and encouragement of experienced and renowned faculty members as well as access to the research in the emerging areas, students acquire the required skill to excel in academics and make themselves competent in national level. Since students are trained with modern equipped laboratories and course curricula which closely match the requirement of the modern industry, they are placed in globally reputed companies in multiple domains.
Beside academic excellence, students are also encouraged in several extra-curricular activities such as taking part in training and workshops, attending conference/symposium/seminar, arranging technical and cultural fest etc.
Grants and Accreditation:
Major research & academic activities:
- In 2005 the ECE B.Tech. program was accredited by NBA
- In 2009 the ECE B.Tech. program was reaccredited by NBA
- The department actively participated and successfully implemented the TEQIP Phase-I project during 2005-09.
- Circuits and Devices, VLSI and Microelectronics;
- EM theory, UWB Antenna, Smart Antenna, Microwave and Radar;
- Mobile communication, Satellite Communication, Optical Communication and Wireless Networks;
- Signal Processing, Image Processing and Speech Processing;
- Pattern Recognition, Artificial Intelligence, Soft computing and Neural Networks;
- Microprocessors and Embedded Systems.
- Basic Electronics Engineering Lab
- Solid State Devices Lab
- Analog Electronics Circuit Lab
- Circuit Theory
- Signal and System Lab
- Digital Electronics Lab
- EM Theory & Tx Lines Lab
- Analog Communication Lab
- Control System Lab
- Digital Communication Lab
- Digital Signal Processing Lab
- VLSI Design Lab
- RF and Microwave Lab
- Project Lab
- M.Tech Simulation Lab
- M.Tech Advance Communication Lab
- M.Tech Communication Systems Lab
- Dedicated and qualified faculty members
- Well equipped laboratories
- Wide collection of books and learning resources
- B. Tech. in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- M.Tech. in Communication Engineering
Prof. C R Datta
Deptt. of Electronics & communication Engineering
Netaji Subhash Engineering College
Techno City, Panchpota
Garia, Kolkata-700152, WB, India.