Assistant Professor at Department of Basic Engineering Science, Netaji Subhash Engineering College
Awards & Honors Received:
Prof. S.K. Talapatra Award from Indian Chemical Society, for oral presentation of a research work. December 6, 2013.
No of Journal Paper Published:
No Conference Paper Published:
i)Synthetic studies on Flavanoids and Thio-flavanoids natural products
No. of B.Tech/BBA/BCA/B.Sc. Final Year Projects Handled:
ii)Development of newer synthetic methodologies
iii) NMR spectroscopic analysis
No. of Innovative Projects Handled:
Areas of Innovative Projects Handled:
Biofuel as an alternative and renewable source of energy.
No of Conferences/Invited Talks/Seminars/ Attended:
Undergraduate: Engineering Chemistry (BS-CH 101/201)
Environmental Science (MC 401)
Biology for Engineers (BSC 301/401)
Engineering Chemistry Practical (BS-CH 191/291)
Environmental Engineering Laboratory (CE 791)
i) Convener of the departmental Exam Cell
List of Publication of Journals Papers:
ii) Member of Environmental Conservation Committee, NSEC
iii)Member of the organizing committee, IEEE International Conference for Convergence in Engineering, 2020
iv) Faculty Advisor of Electrical Engineering, 1st year.
1. “Bis(isothiocyanatomethyl) Benzene, a plant derived anti-neoplastic compound: purified from Moringa oleifera leaf extract” Samrat Paul, Piyali Basak, Chayan Guha and Nandan Kumar Jha; Anticancer agents med. Chem.(ISSN: 1875-5992) 2019, 19, 677-686.
List of Publication of Conference Proceedings:
2. “On the regioselectivity of the amberlyst-15 catalyzed condensation of 2-hydroxychalcones and 4,4-dimethylcyclohexane-1,3-dione” Nayim sepay, Sumitava Mallik, Chayan Guha, Rina Mondal and Asok K. Mallik; Monatch. Chem. (ISSN: 0026-9247) 2018, 149, 2113-2121.
3. “Facile Synthesis of a New Class of Pyrazolone Attached Chromene Derivatives Showing Good Binding with beta-Lactoglobulin” Chayan Guha, Nayim sepay, Sumitava Mallik and Asok K. Mallik; ChemistrySelect (ISSN: 2365-6549) 2018, 3, 5138-5142.
4. “Remarkable Diastereoselectivity of the Thia-Michael Reaction on alpha-alpha'-Di[(E) benzylidene]alka-nones: Exclusive Formation of a meso Product” ,b>Chayan Guha, Nayim sepay, Taps Halder and Asok K. Mallik; Synlett (ISSN: 0936-5214) 2018, 29, 1161-1166.
5. “Simple Diastereoselective Synthesis of(2S*,2'R*,3'R*,4S*)-2,3'-Diphenylspiro[chroman-3,2'-oxiran]-4-ols and (2S*,2'S*,3'S*,4S*)-2,3'-Diphenylspiro[chroman-3,2'-oxiran]-4-ols” Tapas K. Mandal, Falguni Chattopadhyay, Chayan Guha, Nayim Sepay, Haimanti Mallik and Asok K. Mallik; Org. Prep. Proced. Int. (ISSN: 0030-4948) 2018, 50, 100-107.
6. “Base-Promoted Cyclocondensation of (1E,4E)-1,5-Diarylpenta-1,4-dien-3-ones with Guanidine Hydrochloride: Facile Synthesis of E-2-Amino-4-aryl-6-(2-arylethenyl)pyrimidines” Rammohan Pal, Nayim Sepay, Chayan Guha and Asok K. Mallik; MOJ Bioorganic & Organic Chemistry 2018, 2, 00050(1)-00050(4)
7. “Synthesis of 6,12-Methanobenzo[d]pyrano[3,4-g][1,3]dioxocin-1(12H)-ones and Study of Their Interaction with DNA and beta-Lactoglobulin” Nayim Sepay, Chayan Guha, Sanhita Maity and Asok K. Mallik; Eur. J. Org. Chem. (ISSN: 1099-0690) 2017, 6013-6022.
8. “An efficient synthesis of 1,3-dimethyl-5-(2-phenyl-4H-chromen-4-ylidene) pyrimidine-2,4,6(1H,3H,5H)-triones and investigation of their interactions with ?-lactoglobiulin” Nayim Sepay, Chayan Guha, Arpan Kool and Asok K. Mallik; RSC Advances (ISSN: 2046-2069) 2016, 6, 96016-96024.
9. “An efficient three-component synthesis of coumarin-3-carbamides by use of Ni-NiO nanoparticles as magnetically separable catalyst” Nayim Sepay, Sumitava Mallik, Chayan Guha, Arpan Kool and Asok K. Mallik; RSC Advances (ISSN: 2046-2069) 2015, 5, 70718-70725.
10. “A facile synthesis of 2-aryl-4-(indol-3-yl)-4H-chromenes using amberlyst-15 as an efficient recyclable heterogeneous catalyst”, Chayan Guha, Nayim Sepay and Asok K. Mallik; Monatch. Chem. (ISSN: 0026-9247) 2015, 146, 1349-1354.
11. “A facile synthesis of 2-(2-phenyl-4H-chromen-4-ylidene)-2H-indene-1,3-diones and related compounds involving an interesting aerial oxidation” Chayan Guha, Swati Samanta, Nayim Sepay and Asok K Mallik; Tetrahedron Lett. (ISSN: 0040-4039) 2015, 56, 4954-4958.
12. “Facile conversion of para-benzoquinones to para-alkoxyphenols with primary/secondary alcohols and amberlyst 15: a process showing novel reducing property of such alcohols”, Rina Mondal, Chayan Guha, and Asok K. Mallik; Tetrahedron Lett. (ISSN: 0040-4039) 2014, 55, 86-89.
13. “An efficient and eco-friendly synthesis of 2-arylbenzimidazoles using silica gel as catalyst”, Swati Samanta, Chayan Guha and Asok K. Mallik; Eur. Chem. Bull. (ISSN: 2063-5346) 2014, 3, 396-399.
14. “Two expedient 'one-pot' methods for synthesis of beta-aryl-beta-mercaptoketones over anhydrous potassium carbonate or amberlyst-15 catalyst”, Chayan Guha, Rina Mondal, Rammohan Pal and Asok K. Mallik; J. Chem. Sci. (ISSN: 0974-3626) 2013, 125, 1463-1470.
15. “A facile and highly diastereoselective synthesis of cis-2,4-diarylthiochromans”, Chayan Guha, Rammohan Pal and Asok K. Mallik; Arkivoc (ISSN: 1551-7004) 2012, (ix), 85-94.
16. “A convenient, eco-friendly and efficient method for synthesis of bis(3-indolyl)methanes “on-water”, Asok K. Mallik, R. Pal, Chayan Guha and H. Mallik; Green Chem. Lett. Rev. (ISSN: 1751-8253) 2012, 5, 321-327.
17. “Amberlyst-15 catalysed microwave assisted cross-aldol condensation between ketones and aldehydes under solvent free condition”, Rammohan Pal, Tapas K. Mandal, Chayan Guha and Asok K. Mallik; J. Indian Chem. Soc.(ISSN: 0019-4522) 2011, 88, 711-717.
1. “A facile synthesis of 2-phenyl-4-(indol-3-yl)-4H-chromenes using amberlyst-15 as an efficient recyclable heterogeneous catalyst” 50th Annual Convention of Chemists, December 4-7, 2013 organized by Indian Chemical Society held at Panjab University, Chandigarh.
2. “Expedient and green 'one-pot' methods for synthesis of beta-aryl-beta-mercaptoketones over anhydrous potassium carbonate or amberlyst-15 catalyst” Annual Convention of Chemists, December 12-15, 2012 organized by Indian Chemical Society held at National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research, Bhopal.