TEACHING EXPERIENCES: Eight (09) Years
Netaji Subhash Engineering College, Garia Kolkata, W.B., INDIA
Assistant Professor (Mech. Engg.) July, 2015- Present
Supreme Knowledge Foundation Group of Institutions, Mankundu Hooghly, W.B, INDIA
Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering Aug, 2012-July, 2015
Budge Budge Institute of Technology, Budge Budge Kolkata, W.B., INDIA
Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering Aug, 2011-Aug, 2012
INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCES: Fifteen (15) Years
Consulting Engineering Services (India) Private Limited Kolkata, W.B., INDIA
Mar, 2005-Aug, 2011
Worked as Design Engineer and Site Engineer.
AKB Power Consultant Private Limited Salt Lake, Kolkata, INDIA
May, 2001-Feb, 2005
Worked as Design Engineer.
Monty Enterprise Kolkata, INDIA
Oct, 1997-Apr, 2001
Worked as Erection and Maintenance Engineer.
Light Metal Industries Limited Hooghly, W.B., INDIA
Sep, 1992-July, 1994
Graduate Engineer Trainee.
No of Journal Paper Published:
No Conference Paper Published:
Vibration, FGM, Solid Mechanics.
No. of B.Tech/BBA/BCA/B.Sc. Final Year Projects Handled:
No of Conferences/Invited Talks/Seminars/ Attended:
Undergraduate: Engineering Mechanics, Strength of Materials, Dynamics of Machines, Mechanisms, Engineering Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics, Engineering Drawing and AutoCAD Laboratory, Machine Drawing, Design Practice.
Departmental representative in R & D Cell of NSEC.
Name of Final Year Projects (Currently Handling):
1) STUDY OF WIND TURBINE
2) VERTICAL AXIS WIND TURBINE
Role as a Mentor:
Giving complete guidance in academic and non-academic matters to the mentees.
List of mentees (8th Semester)
MENTOR NAME : Dr. AMLAN PAUL
Sl. No. Roll No. Name Reg.No
1 10900716025 YUVRAJ SINGH 161090110456
2 10900716027 TANMAY SARKAR 161090110454
3 10900716028 T NITESH RAO 161090110453
4 10900716030 SYED MD ATIFUZ ZAMAN 161090110451
5 10900716031 SYED HASNAIN ABBAS 161090110450
6 10900716032 SUSTHANU SARKAR 161090110449
7 10900716033 SUNIM RAI 161090110448
8 10900716034 SUMAN SAHOO 161090110447
9 10900716035 SUDIPTA PRAMANIK 161090110446
10 10900716036 SUDHANSHU RANJAN 161090110445
11 10900716037 SUDHAKAR MAURYA 161090110444
12 10900716038 SUBHRA KANTI GOSWAMI 161090110443
13 10900716040 SUBHAM KUMAR 161090110441
14 10900716041 SUBHAM DEBNATH 161090110440
15 10900716042 SUBHAM DAS 161090110439
16 10900716043 SUBHAJIT PAL 161090110438
17 10900716044 SOUVIK BHATTACHARYA 161090110437
18 10900716045 SOUVIK BAIDYA 161090110436
19 10900716047 SHUBHAM GHOSH 161090110434
20 10900716048 SHUBHAM ADITYA 161090110433
21 10900716049 SHIVAM CHAUHAN 161090110432
22 10900716050 SHARNAGAT THAKUR 161090110431
23 10900716051 SHARIF IRFAN RAJ 161090110430
24 10900716052 SHAHZAR HASSAN 161090110429
25 10900716053 SHAHID AKHTAR 161090110428
26 10900716054 SAYAK BHATTACHARJEE 161090110427
27 10900716055 SAURAV KUMAR 161090110426
28 10900716056 SAURAV KUMAR 161090110425
29 10900716057 SAURAV KUMAR 161090110424
30 10900716058 SAURAV GHOSH 161090110423
31 10900716059 SATYAM KUMAR 161090110422
32 10900716060 SANHITA PANJA 161090110421
33 10900716061 SAGAR KUMAR 161090110420
List of Publication of Journals Papers:
1) Paul A and Das D (2016) Free vibration analysis of pre-stressed FGM Timoshenko beams under large transverse de?ection by a variational method. Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal 19: 1003-1017.
2) Paul A and Das D (2016) Non-linear thermal post-buckling analysis of FGM Timoshenko beam under non-uniform temperature rise across thickness. Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal 19: 1608-1625.
3) Paul A and Das D (2017) A study on non-linear post-buckling behavior of tapered Timoshenko beam made of functionally graded material under in-plane thermal loadings. Journal of Strain Analysis for Engineering Design 52: 45-56.
4) Paul A and Das D (2018) Free vibration behavior of a thermally post-buckled FG Timoshenko beam under large deflection using a tangent stiffness-based method. Mechanics of Advanced Materials and Structures 25: 982-994.
5) Paul A and Das D (2018) Free vibration behavior of tapered functionally graded material beam in thermal environment considering geometric non-linearity, shear deformability and temperature-dependent thermal conductivity. Proceedings of IMechE Part L: Journal of Materials: Design and Applications DOI: 10.1177/1464420718759376.
6) Paul A and Das D (2018) Non-linear forced vibration analysis of higher-order shear-deformable functionally graded material beam in thermal environment subjected to harmonic excitation and resting on non-linear elastic foundation. Journal of Strain Analysis for Engineering Design 53: 446-462.
List of Publication of Conference Proceedings:
1) Paul A and Das D. A study on thermal post-buckling behavior of simply-supported FGM beam under non-uniform temperature rise. Proceedings of 60st Congress of The Indian Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (ISTAM), Paper No. 60-istam-sm-fp-73, December 16-19, 2015, MNIT, Jaipur, India.
2) Paul A and Das D. Free vibration of thermally post-buckled FG Timoshenko beam under linear temperature distribution. Proceedings of 61st Congress of The Indian Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (ISTAM), Paper No. 61-istam-sm-fp-348, December 11-14, 2016, VIT University, Vellore, India.
3) Paul A and Das D. Free vibration analysis of post-buckled tapered Timoshenko beam made of functionally graded material. Proceedings of 62nd Congress of The Indian Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (ISTAM), Paper No. 62-istam-sm-fp-44, December 15-18, 2017, University College of Engineering, Osmania University, Hyderabad, India.
4) Paul A and Das D. A study on post-buckling load-deflection behavior of tapered Timoshenko functionally graded beam under linear thermal gradient. Proceedings of 1st International Conference on Mechanical Engineering (INCOM), Paper No. INCOM18-005, January 4-6, 2018, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India.