Professional Society Membership:
1. Senior member of Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), USA from 2017 to till date.
Awards & Honors Received:
2. Member of IEEE, USA from 2012 to 2016.
1. Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), USA, Power & Energy Society (PES) Outstanding Chapter Engineer Award, 2020.
Association with Outside World:
2. Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), USA, Power & Energy Society (PES) Outstanding Chapter Volunteer Award, 2019 .
3. Elevated to senior membership of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), 2017.
4. Secured 'Elite' Category marks in NPTEL on Design of Photovoltaic Systems (July - October, 2018)
5. Awarded with fellowship for engineering teachers from Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE), Govt. of India in 2013.
1. Acting as an external examiner for M.Sc. (Elect. Science) at JU.
No of Journal Paper Published:
2. Acting as an external examiner for M.E.E Thesis at JU.
3. Secretary, DEIS (Dielectric and Electrical Insulation Society)chapter, IEEE, Kolkata section from 2018 to till date.
4. Treasurer, SPS (Signal Processing Society) Chapter, IEEE, Kolkata section.
5. Executive Committee member of PES (Power and Energy Society)Chapter of IEEE, Kolkata Section.
6. Senior Member of IEEE, Kolkata Section (membership No. 92203222) since 2017.
7. Member of IEEE, Kolkata Section (membership No. 92203222) since 2012-2016.
8.Executive committee member (Student Activities Committee Chair) of DEIS (Dielectric and Electrical Insulation Society) Chapter IEEE, Kolkata section from 2012 to 2016.
9. Membership Development Committee Chair of DEIS (dielectric and electrical Insulation Society) Chapter IEEE, Kolkata section since 2017.
10. WBSETCL (India): As a Technical Expert in the Selection Committees/Interview Boards for the posts of Junior Engineer Gr-II (Electrical) (2016 and 2017)
11. Acted as online evaluator in UG semester examination conducted by MAKAUT.
12. Paper setter of MAKAUT for both UG and PG level.
13. Publicity Chair and Organizing committee member of the 1st IEEE international Conference on Applied Signal Processing (ASPCON, 2018).
14. Hospitality Chair & Organizing committee member of the 2nd IEEE international Conference on Applied Signal Processing (ASPCON, 2020).
15. Organizing committee member of Flagship conference of IEEE, Kolkata Section, CALCON 2017.
No Conference Paper Published:
Data acquisition and advanced signal processing technique in power system & high voltage Engineering and Partial discharge diagnostics.
1. Acting as a reviewer of International Journal of Environment and Pollution (IJEP), Elsevier [I.F : 3.730].
Ph.D. Students Guiding:
2. Acting as a reviewer International Journal of Machine Learning and Cybernetics, Springer.
3. Acting as a reviewer of IET Science, Measurement & Technology.
4. Acting as reviewer of International Journal of the Measurement, Elsevier.
5. Acting as reviewer of International Journal of Electrical Engineering, Springer.
6. Acting as reviewer of IEEE Transaction on Dielectric and Electrical Insulation.
7. Acting as reviewer of International Journal of Electric Power and Energy Systems, Elsevier.
Poulami Ghosh, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT), West Bengal, India (Enrolled).
No. of M.Tech/MBA/MCA Final Year Projects Handled:
No. of B.Tech/BBA/BCA/B.Sc. Final Year Projects Handled:
No of Conferences/Invited Talks/Seminars/ Attended:
Undergraduate: 1. Basic Electrical Engineering (ES-EE 101)
2. Electric Circuit theory (EE 301)
3. Power Electronics (EE 603)
4. Microprocessor and Micro Controller (EE-504C )
5.High Voltage Engineering (EE 704 A)
6. HVDC TRANSMISSION ( EE-801A)
7. Basic Electrical Engineering I (Old Syllabus)
8. Basic Electrical Engineering II(Old Syllabus)
Postgraduate: 1. High Voltage Transmission System (PSM 102)
2. Power System Transient (PSM 204A)
1. In-charge M.Tech EE (Power System and Control & Instrumentation) from 2018 to till date.
Name of Final Year Projects (Currently Handling):
2. Academic Committee member of the institute.
3. Working Committee member of NBA.
4. Working Committee member of NAAC.
5. Member of SC/ST, OBC and Minority Committee of the Institute.
6. Member of Internal Marks Verification Committee of the Institute.
7. Member of the Departmental Academic Committee.
8. Former HOD/ B. Tech In-charge.
9. Treasurer of Alumni Association, EE, Netaji Subhash Engineering College.
10. Former Sports committee member of Netaji Subhash Engineering College.
M. Tech Project:(2019-20)
List of Publication of Journals Papers:
A Comprehensive Study Of Electric Spring Model With Proposed Improvements For Better Utilization Of Smart Loads of.
B. Tech Project:(2019-20)
Design a Fast Charger Model For Electrical Vehicle
1. Ganguly, B, Chaudhuri, S, Biswas Subrata, Dey, D, Munshi, S, Chatterjee, B, Dalai, S and Chakravorti, "Wavelet Kernel based Convolutional Neural Network for Localization of Partial Discharge Sources within a Power Apparatus", IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 1831-1841, March 2021, doi: 10.1109/TII.2020.2991686.
List of Publication of Conference Proceedings:
2. Biswas Subrata, Dey, D, Chatterjee, B, and Chakravorti, S, "Cross-spectrum Analysis based Methodology for Discrimination and Localization of Partial Discharge Sources using Acoustic Sensors", IEEE Transaction on Dielectric and Electrical Insulation, Vol. 23, No. 6, pp. 3556-3565, December 2016, doi: 10.1109/TDEI.2016.005616.
3. Biswas Subrata, Dey, D, Chatterjee, B, and Chakravorti, S, "An Approach Based on Rough Set Theory for Identification of Single and Multiple Partial Discharge Source", International journal of Power and Energy Systems (Elsevier), Vol. 46, pp 163-174, 2013, doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2012.10.050.
4. Biswas Subrata, Koley, C, Chatterjee, B, and Chakravorti, "A Methodology for Identification and Localization of Partial Discharge Sources using Optical Sensors", IEEE Transaction on Dielectric and Electrical Insulation.Vol. 19, No.1, pp.18 - 28, February, 2012, doi: 10.1109/TDEI.2012.6148498.
1. Sandipan Kumar Paul, Tridibesh Nag, Subrata Biswas, Sovan Dalai, "Investigation Of The Insulation Condition Of Contaminated Solid Epoxy Insulators", 2020 IEEE 1st International Conference for Convergence in Engineering (ICCE), Kolkata, India, 2020, pp. 165-169, doi: 10.1109/ICCE50343.2020.9290621.
List Books / Book Chapters:
2. S. Ray, S. Biswas, T. Nag and D. Chatterjee, "An approach to control “Magnitude Modulation index” of Electric Spring for improved Performance," 2020 IEEE Applied Signal Processing Conference (ASPCON), Kolkata, India, 2020, pp. 193-197, doi: 10.1109/ASPCON49795.2020.9276704.
3. S. Ray, T. Nag, S. Biswas and D. Chatterjee, "Modified Electric Spring Module Based Voltage and Frequency Control for Power flow Mechanism," 2020 IEEE 17th India Council International Conference (INDICON), New Delhi, India, 2020, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/INDICON49873.2020.9342209.
4. P. Ghosh, S. Biswas and P. Purkait, "Modified Particle Swarm Optimization Based Technique for Power Flow Computation," 2020 IEEE 17th India Council International Conference (INDICON), New Delhi, India, 2020, pp. 1-5, doi: 10.1109/INDICON49873.2020.9342566.
5.Biswas Subrata, S. Jana and P K Biswas, "Methodological model of Lightning Energy Plant integrated with different energy extraction processes to harness Lightning Energy" in 4th International Conference on Electrical Energy Systems, Tamilnadu, ISSN 18070878, February 7-9, India 2018.
6. P. Goswami and Biswas Subrata, "Rough Set Theory Based Classification of Different Partial Discharge Sources Using Cross Wavelet Spectrum", in IEEE India Council International Conference, Indicon, IIT Roorkee, ISSN 2325-9418 December 15-17, 2017.
7. Biswas Subrata and Sandip Kumar Chand, "Detection Of Transformer Winding Deformations Based On Continuous Wavelet Transform", in IEEE Calcutta Conference (CALCON2017), Kolkata, ISSN 17561086, December 02-03, 2017.
8. Biswas Subrata and A. Dutta, "Identification of Power System Loading Topology Using Rough Set Theory (RST) based Classifier", National Conference on Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering CALCON11, Kolkata, 4th – 5th November 2011.
9. S. Chatterjee, S. Chakravorti, and Biswas Subrata, "Studies on Transients in High Voltage Line: Experimental and Simulation Results", IEEE Power India Conference, New Delhi, 10th – 12th April, 2006.
1. Biswas Subrata, "Detection of Partial Discharge sources Using Acoustic Sensor", LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Germany, ISBN 978-613-9-44843-2, 2019.