Professor, Deptt. of Biomedical Engineering, Netaji Subhash Engineering College, 2019 till date
Professional Society Membership:
Professor & HOD, Deptt. of Biomedical Engineering, Netaji Subhash Engineering College, 2015-2019
Associate Professor & HOD, Deptt. of Biomedical Engineering, Netaji Subhash Engineering College, 2010-2014
Assistant Professor & HOD, Deptt. of Biomedical Engineering, Netaji Subhash Engineering College, 2008-2010
Sr. Lecturer & In-Charge, Deptt. of Biomedical Engineering, Netaji Subhash Engineering College, 2007-2008
Lecturer, Deptt. of Biomedical Engineering, Netaji Subhash Engineering College, 2004-2007
Lecturer (Ad-hoc), School of Bio-Science & Engineering, Jadavpur University, 1999-2001
Lecturer (P/T), School of Bio-Science & Engineering, Jadavpur University, 1998-1999
Research Project Assistant, School of Bio-Science & Engineering, Jadavpur University, 1998-1999
Medical Supervisor, Britannia Industries Ltd., 1991-2004
Society for Biomaterials and Artificial Organs, INDIA-Life Member,
Awards & Honors Received:
Society for Biomaterials and Biomechanics, India-Life Member,
Metrology Society of India (ERC) – Life Member,
IEEE member & Students chapter Coordinator,
Received topper (top 5%) Award in A ccreditation and Outcome Based Learning online course from NPTEL-Swayam, IITKgp -2019
Association with Outside World:
Best Faculty Award, MAKAUT, 2018, Best Faculty Award, NSEC, 2007,
First Class 2nd Diploma in Pharmacy, Pharmacy Council of West Bengal,
Converner, BOS-BME, WBUT, 2005-2010,
No of Journal Paper Published:
Member, BOS-BME, MAKAUT, 2018
Head Examiner, BME-WBUT,
M.E. Thesis Examiner, SBSE, JU,
Bioinformatics Project Evaluator, DOEACC Center, JU,
Course advisor, NIOH,
Coordinator, Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA),
Coordinator, ATAL Academy,
No Conference Paper Published:
Biomaterials & Biomechanics
Tribology of Artificial Joints
National Institute of Orthopaedically Handicap (NIOH), Bonhooghly, WB,
School of Bio-Science & Engineering, Jadavpur University
KPC Medical College & Hospita, Kolkata
Remedy Hospital, Kolkata
International Conference on Convergence in Engineering (ICCE-2020)
National Conference on Electronics, Communication & Signal Processing (NCECS 2013)
National Conference on Electronics, Communication & Signal Processing (NCECS 2012)
Development of artificial bone graft material from egg shell waste for orthopedic and dental applications, DST, WB, 2014,
Ph.D. Students Guiding:
MODROBS - AICTE funded project “Modernization of Biomaterials and Biomechanics Laboratory”
Dalia Acharya, JU
No. of M.Tech/MBA/MCA Final Year Projects Handled:
No. of B.Tech/BBA/BCA/B.Sc. Final Year Projects Handled:
Consultancy Projects Handled:
Sound Pollution Measurement at AMRI Hospital, Dhakuria, 1998 with Prof. S.Pal, JU
Key Speaker of Invited Talks/Seminars:
Seminar on “Biomedical Engineering in Human Welfare” at Jadavpur University on 3rd August 2018
No of Conferences/Invited Talks/Seminars/ Attended:
Seminar on "Emerging Trends in Biomedical Engineering” at Jadavpur University on 27th March 2017
International Conference on “Challenges in Product Development of Medical Implants and Devices” 18-19 December 2015, IIEST, Shibpur, Howrah
AICTE SDP on “Biomedical Instrumentation” Siliguri Institute of Technology, Siliguri, WB, 2007
International workshop on “Advances in health care Engineering (IWAHE-14)”, TEQIP-II Program, KEC, Kolaghat
ICTE-ISTE WINTER SCHOOL on “BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING”, Silchar Polytechnic, Assam, 2000
Undergraduate: Engineering Physiology & Anatomy, Analytical & Diagnostic Equipment,
Medical Imaging Techniques, Advanced Medical Imaging Techniques,
Artificial Organs & Rehabilitation Engineering, Hospital Management
Postgraduate: Biomedical Instrumentation (C&I)
Professor Nominee, Board of Governors (BOG), NSEC
Name of Final Year Projects (Currently Handling):
Coordinator, Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), NSEC
Coordinator, National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC), NSEC
Coordinator, National Board of Accreditation (NBA), BME, NSEC
Core Committee Member, NBA, NSEC
Convener, Academic Committee, NSEC
SPoC, Question Bank, NSEC
Coordinator, Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA)
Coordinator, ATAL Academy
Convener, Central Routine Committee, NSEC
Member of different departmental and college committees
Wireless Pulse Rate Monitor [B.Tech]
List of Publication of Journals Papers:
Photoplethysmography Based Missed Pulse Detection Sensor and Counter [M.Tech]
1. P.Basak, P.Pahari, P.Das, N. Das, S.K.Samanta & S. Roy, “Synthesis and Characterisation of Gelatin-PVA/Hydroxyapetite(HAP) Composite for Medical Applications”, IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 1st Int. Conf. on Advanced Engineering Functional Materials ICAEFM-IOP Publishing e-books, 410 (2018) 012021 doi:10.1088/1757-899X/410/1/012021
List of Publication of Conference Proceedings:
2. P.Das, & S.Roy, “Designing of a low cost GSR acquisition system and estimation of stress level from the acquired signal” in “International Journal for Research in Applied Science & Engineering Technology” Vol.4, Issue X, October 2016, p 131-136 (ISSN 2321-9653).
3. P.Das, S.Chatterjee & S.Roy, “Call for Life-Digitizing Healthcare Services” in “International Journal of Advance Research” Vol.4, Issue 7, July 2016, p 1-7 (ISSN 2323-916X).
4. S.Roy & P.Majumder, “Selective administration of COX-2 inhibitors play potential role in prostate cancer management – An In silico analysis” in “International Journal of Advanced Science & Research” Vol.1, Issue 5, May 2016, p 13-20 (ISSN: 2455-4227).
5. S.Roy & P.Majumder, “System biology: The next mesmerizing and unwinding steps for bioinformatics cultivation” in “International Journal of Advanced Science & Research” Vol.1, Issue 5, May 2016, p 04-12 (ISSN: 2455-4227).
6. D.N.Tibarewala, P.Majumder, A.Majumder, S.Roy & V.Talukdar, “Egfr Augments Aerobic Glycolysis In Multi-Negative Breast Cancer Cells to Promote Tumorigenesis and Immune Escape” in “The Pharma Innovation Journal-International Journal” Vol. 5, Issue 5, p 01-08, May 2016 (ISSN:2277-7695).
7. D.N.Tibarewala, S.Roy & P.Majumder, “Novel Interleukin 17 Antibody Quickly Reduces Psoriasis and also its role in immunity and imflammation” in “The Pharma Innovation Journal-International Journal” Vol. 5, Issue 5, p 14-20, May 2016 (ISSN:2277-7695).
8. D.N.Tibarewala, S.Roy & P.Majumder, “Interrelation of COX-2 inhibition on expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and interleukin-8 in lung cancer cells” in “The Pharma Innovation Journal-International Journal” Vol. 5, Issue 5, p 21-27, May 2016 (ISSN:2277-7695).
9. T.Das, S.Chatterjee, S.K.Ghosh & S.Roy, “A Novel algorithm for detection of P-Peak in the ECG signal with noisy environment”, J. National Society for Technical Education, ISSN 0971-3034, Vol.34, No.2, p63-66, April-June 2011.
10. Biswas, D. Lenka,P.K. Roy,S & Kumar,R. “Study on gait efficiency and energy cost of below knee amputees after therapeutic practices” On Online Journal of Health and Allied Sciences ISSN 0972-5997 Vol 10, Issue 1: Jan-Mar 2011. [http://www.ojhas.org/issue37/2011-1-14.htm]
11. Biswas, D. Roy,S Lenka,P.K. & Kumar,R. “Energy cost and gait efficiency of below-knee amputee and normal subject with similar physical parameters & quality of life: A comparative case study”. On Online Journal of Health and Allied Sciences ISSN 0972-5997 Vol 9, Issue 3: July-Sep 2010.
12. Roy, S. Evaluation of four point static bending strength of composite bone plates, TIG Research Journal, Vol.1 No.2, p74-77, 2008.
13. Roy, S. & Pal, S. Fatigue & stress relaxation of alumina reinforced UHMWPE composites as biomaterials. Indian Journal of Biomechanics, Vol. 1, ISSN 0974-0783, p47-51, 2007.
14. Pal, S., Bag, S and Roy. S (2005), Hydroxyapatite Coating Over Alumina-UHMWPE Composite Biomaterials, Trends in Biomater. Artif. Organs 18(2), 105-109.
15. Roy, S., Bag, S., Pal, S.(2004). In vitro Biomechanical Evaluation of UHMWPE and its composite as biomaterials. Trends in Biomater. Artif. Organs 17(2), 56-60.
16. Roy, S and Pal, S (2002). Characterisation of silane coated hollow sphere alumina-reinforced ultra high molecular weight polyethylene composite as a possible bone substitute material. Bull. Mater. Sci., Vol. 25, No.7, Dec. pp. 609-612, @Indian Academy of Science.
1. Roy,S. “Development of particulate reinforced alumina ultra high molecular weight polyethylene composite as implantable biomaterial”, All India Seminar on “Advancement of polymers in healthcare system” p-74-77, Nov.,2011.
List Books / Book Chapters:
2. T.Das,S.K.Ghosh, A.Maiti, S.K.Samanta & S.Roy, “Designing of a low cost apnea detector by modifying an electronic pulse delay circuit using thermistor as sensor”, Poster abstract in Int. Conf. on “Biomaterials & Implants: Prospects & Possibilities in the new millennium - Bio 2011” p87, CSIR-CGCRI, Kolkata, India, July 2011.
3. A.Maiti, S.Roy & D.N.Tibrewala, “An approach of bone tumor detection from digital radiograph”, Poster abstract in Int. Conf. on “Biomaterials & Implants: Prospects & Possibilities in the new millennium - Bio 2011” p100, CSIR-CGCRI, Kolkata, India, July 2011.
4. Anupam Maiti, Sumana Chatterjee, Sukumar Roy, D.N.Tibarewala. Bone Image Processing and Disease Diagnosis, NATCONIC 2011, National Conference on Instrumentation & Control, January 06-07, 2011, Heritage Institute of Technology, Page- 161-162
5. Tibrewala, D.N., Basak, T.K., Roy, S. & Majumder, P. Folate biosynthesis, E.Coli and Pregnant woman – An approach in favour of conservation of Biodiversity. National Conference on Recent Advances in Prokaryotic Genomics & Nanobiotechnology, p 116-120, 2007.
6. Roy. S. & Pal. S (2006). Evaluation of static bending strength of alumina reinforced ultra high molecular weight polyethylene composite bone plates. Workshop on biomaterials and medical devices, p-49.
7. Pal. S., Bag, S., Roy, S., Bhattacharya.N., and Chakroborty.S.N.(2004). Newly developed bioactive polymer ceramic composite for orthopaedic use. 22nd Annual Conf. of WBOACON at Bankura Medical College, p-47.
8. Pal, S., Roy. S and Bag, S (2003). Bioactive coating on alumina ultra high molecular weight polyethylene composite implants. Symp. on Medical Science and Technology for Population Welfare, at IIT Kharagpur, p-38.
9. Pal, S., Roy. S and Bag, S (2002). Development of glass and ceramic fiber reinforced polymer composite. National Conf. on High Performance Polymer and its applications, at JU, 7th Dec.
10. Ghosh. D, Pal. S & Roy. S.(2001). Studies of fluoride contamination of human bone and its characteristics. “Current Science”, 1-9.
11. Roy.S & Pal.S.(2000). Development of ceramic-polymer composite used as metal substitute implantable biomaterials. Proc. 11th National Conf. of Soc. Biomat. & Artificial Organs, p 104-106.
12. Roy. S & Tiberawala. D. N. T.(2000). Low cost heart rate monitor. Medical Diagnostic Technique & Procedure, Narosa publishing house, India, p 425-430.
13. Pal. S, Sindhe. S.N & Roy. S. (2000). Use of natural hydroxyapatite for coating of titanium for implantation. 10th International. Conf. on Biomed. Engg. p 255-256.
14. Roy. S., Chattopadhyay. P & Pal. S (2000). Synthesis of hydroxyapatite from various natural sources and its characterisation. Proc. National seminar on Engineering Ceramics. P 37-38.
15. Roy. S. & Pal. S (1998) “A Comparative studies on wear behaviour of UHMWPE after gamma-Sterilization” Proc. 10th National Conference of society for Biomaterials and Artificial Organs, 72-76.
Low cost heart rate monitor. Medical Diagnostic Technique & Procedure, Narosa publishing house, India, 2000, p 425-430.
MRI-A breakthrough in medical imaging” is published in “Biomedical Engineering & Assistive Devices” Gopal publishing group, New Delhi,2014, P-61-83.