1. Asst. Professor from 12-01-2006 – Till Date
Awards & Honors Received:
in Information Technology Department in Netaji Subhash Engineering College, Technocity, Garia, Kolkata-152 (Under MAKAUT)
2. Lecturer from10/08/2005 to 11/01/2006
in CSE Department in Aryabhatta Institute of Engineering & Management, Durgapur (Under MAKAUT)
1. I received Mission10X Dale Carnegie Certificate in “High Impact Teaching Skills” from WIPRO Mission 10X certification programme organized in January 2010 at Techno India, kolkata.
Association with Outside World:
2. I have received Cambridge International certificate for Teachers & Trainers (CICTT) organized by WIPRO Mission 10X certification programme in OCTOBER 2011.
3. I have achieved the award “Faculty of The Year 2011” on 23rd January 2012 from Netaji Subhash Engineering college.
No of Journal Paper Published:
No Conference Paper Published:
Cloud Computing, Data Mining
No. of B.Tech/BBA/BCA/B.Sc. Final Year Projects Handled:
Key Speaker of Invited Talks/Seminars:
1. BIOInfocom (Seminar on Computational Paradigms in Bioinformatics Research)
No of Conferences/Invited Talks/Seminars/ Attended:
Organized by :Netaji Subhash Engineering College
Venue: Netaji Subhash Engineering College from 31/3/06 to 1/4/06
2. COURSEWARE-2007 (Seminar on Emerging Trends in Courseware Engineering)
Organized By: Netaji Subhash Engineering College
Venue: Netaji Subhash Engineering College on 6/4/07
3. Impact: Of Images, Patterns and Architectures In the Digital Era
Organized by Bengal Engg. & Sc. University
Venue: Bengal Engg. & Sc. University from 14/11/07 to 16/11/07
4. International Conference on Neural Network & Genetic algorithm in Material Sc. & Engineering.
Organized by: Bengal Engineering & Sc. University
Venue: Taj Bengal, Kolkata from 9/1/08 to 11/1/08
5. Recent Trend in computing in the perspective of Applied research
Organized by:Bengal Engineering & Sc. University
Venue: Bengal Engg. & Sc. University from 12/1/08 to 13/1/08
6.One Day Awareness Webinar on Outcome Based Education and Accreditation for the Engineering Colleges in West Bengal
Organized by:MAKAUT, WB
Undergraduate: B. Tech. (Information Technology)
Name of Final Year Projects (Currently Handling):
1. Lab In-charge of OS Lab(IT Dept.)
2. Mentor of 2020 Passout , 2024 Passout Batch
3. 2nd year Co-ordinator
4. IT Alumni Association Secretary
5. Back To Class Program Committee member
6. Departmental Academic Committee Member
7. Co-ordinator of 3rd Year Seminar On Assigned Topic
8. MAKAUT Examiner
Institutional/ Administrative Responsibilities
1. IT Departmental NBA co-ordinator
2. Coding Efficiency Enhancement Committee Member
3. IEEE conference Committee Member
4. Admission Committee Member
One on Cloud Computing and one on Machine Learning
Role as a Mentor:
My Main Roles as a Mentor of a student for 4 years in IT Department are to enhance:-
List of Publication of Journals Papers:
a. Academic achievement of a student
b. Personal growth of a Student
c. Career and employment opportunities of a Student
In session 2016-2020, I had 30 Mentees of I.T. Department
SL. No Univ. Roll Name
1 10900216001 Zaki Raza
2 10900216003 Tiyasha Saha
3 10900216004 Syed Shabbar Shahzad
4 10900216005 Swarnendu Saha
5 10900216006 Swarnali Chatterjee
6 10900216007 Swagatam Chakraborty
7 10900216008 Sutasree Chakrabarty
8 10900216009 Sumedha Samridhi
9 10900216010 Suchetana Ray
10 10900216011 Subir Bhowmick
11 10900216012 Srishty Shreya
12 10900216013 Souvik Bhattacharya
13 10900216014 Sourav Banerjee
14 10900216015 Souradeep Sarkar
15 10900216016 Snayasish Kumar
16 10900216017 Shruti Srivastava
17 10900216018 Shashank Kishore
18 10900216019 Shanker Dayal Mishra
19 10900216020 Shankar Shaw
20 10900216022 Saurabh Kumar
21 10900216023 Saumyadeep Roy
22 10900216024 Saptarshi Chakraborty
23 10900216025 Sampat Mandal
24 10900216026 Samir Akhter
25 10900216027 Rohit Kumar Barnwal
26 10900216028 Rishabh Jhunjhun Wala
27 10900216029 Rishab Ranjan
28 10900216030 Riddhipratim Chaudhuri
29 10900216031 Ramesh Kumar
30 10900216032 Rahul Ojha
In session 2020-2024, I have 34 Mentees of I.T. Department
Class Roll Dept. Univ. Roll Name
21 IT 10900220113 SRAYOAN RAY
22 IT 10900220088 SUBHAJIT GHOSAL
23 IT 10900220009 SUBHAJIT PANDA
24 IT 10900220049 Subhamoy Bera
25 IT 10900220092 SUBHODIP ROY
26 IT 10900220095 SUBHRANGSHU MAJUMDER
27 IT 10900220076 SUDESHNA RAKSHIT
28 IT 10900220114 SUMAN SAHA
29 IT 10900220039 SUSHMA RAJ
30 IT 10900220041 Suvajit Kundu
31 IT 10900220105 suvojit sarkar
32 IT 10900220110 Swapnonil Sen
33 IT 10900220051 TAHSEEN AHMAD
34 IT 10900220010 TANMAY DUTTA
35 IT 10900220085 Tathagata Deyashi
36 IT 10900220084 Ushmita paul
37 IT 10900220072 Vijay kumar
38 IT 10900220071 Vishal kumar
39 IT 10900220093 Wasim Akram
40 IT 10900220050 Abhinandan kumar
41 IT 10900220082 Rahul Kumar
42 IT 10900220068 DEEP NARAYAN BHAGAT
43 IT 10900220067 SHAHNAWAZ ALAM
44 IT 10900220073 SOUVIK GHOSH
45 IT 10900220013 RAJ GUPTA
46 IT 10900220012 Shubham Pushpraj
47 IT 10900220026 Probhakar Roy
48 IT 10900220080 RITIK KUMAR SINGH
49 IT 10900220001 AKSHIT GUPTA
50 IT 10900220005 PRIYANSHU SHEKHAR
51 IT 10900220006 SUBHRAJIT DHAR
52 IT 10900220004 Amit Kumar
53 IT 10900220007 Kritika griyaghey
54 IT 10900220002 AMARNATH KESHRI
55 IT 10900220003 SAIKAT DAS
1. “Ontology Based Context Dependent Document Clustering Method”, by Soumen Swarnakar, International Journal in Knowledge Engineering and Data Mining (IJKEDM), InderScience Publishers Ltd, Vol. 2, No. 1, 2012, PP 35- 59, DOI: 10.1504/IJKEDM.2012.044706 , ISSN (Online): 1755-2095 (Indexed in ACM Digital Library, DBLP Computer Science Bibliography and listed in Cabell's Directory of Refereed Publications), UGC approved No: 47797
List of Publication of Conference Proceedings:
2. “Comparative Study on Context-Based Document Clustering”, by Soumen Swarnakar, Shubhalakshmi Ray and Tithi Mitra Chowdhury, International Journal of Innovations in Engineering and Technology (IJIET), Vol. 4, Issue 1, June 2014, PP 219-227, ISSN (Online): 2319 – 1058. Impact factor 0.672 in 2016.
3. “A new Approach to concept based document clustering and comparative study with Hierarchical Clustering”, by Soumen Swarnakar , Roshni Roy , Shriti Singh, Ritika Rohini and Paulami Gorai , International Journal of Computer Engineering and Applications, Volume IX, Issue IV, April 2015, PP 181-189, ISSN (Online) 2321-3469. Impact factor 3.691 in 2014.
4. “Concept Based Catgorization of Documents for Search Engines”, by Soumen Swarnakar, Sangita Karmakar, International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology”, Vol. 4 Issue 10, October 2015, PP 131-134, eISSN: 2319-1163, pISSN: 2321-7308. DOI: 10.15623/ijret.2015.0410023. Impact Factor (by ISRA): 3.127 (2014-2015).
5. “Enhanced Model of Web Page Prediction using Page Rank and Markov Model” , by Soumen Swarnakar, A.Thakur, D Misra, D Paul, M Pakira and S Roy, Article:. International Journal of Computer Applications Vol. 140, No.7, PP 30-34, April 2016. Published by Foundation of Computer Science (FCS), NY, USA. DOI: 10.5120/ijca2016909410. ISSN 0975-8887 (Online). Impact Factor 0.752(2015).
6. “An Efficient Dynamic Clustering Method for Web Document Clustering”, by Soumen Swarnakar, Sreya Dutta, Sayani Sarkar, Kausani Chakroborty and Saheli Kar, International Journal of Data Analysis and Information System (IJDAIS) Vol. 8, Issue 1, June 2016, PP 11-18, ISSN : 2229-5887 (indexed in the Cabell's Directory of Refereed Publications, which is the AACSB Publication Standard.).
7. "New Concept based Indexing for Search Engine", by Soumen Swarnakar and Sangita Karmakar, Indian Journal of Science and Technology(IJST), Vol. 10, Issue 18, May, 2017, ISSN (Print) : 0974-6846 ISSN (Online) : 0974-5645, Indexed in Chemical Abstracts Services (CAS), Indian Science.in, Research Bible,DOAJ, Urlich’s Periodical Directory, USA,EBSCO Publishing’s Electronic Databases, USA, Indian Science Abstracts, India, Index copernicus, Poland, ISI, Thomson Reuters, IC Value: 5.02.
8. “Modified Load balancing Strategy Based on Cloud Partitions Status”, by Soumen Swarnakar, Ritika Kumari, Tripti Sinha, Ritika Chakraborty and Tanushree Sarkar, International Journal of Advanced Research in Engineering and Technology (IJARET), Volume 9 Issue 3, pp. 17–24, May-june 2018, ISSN Print: 0976-6480 and ISSN Online: 0976-6499, Indexed in Thomson Reuter's Researcher ID D-2489-2016 ,InfoBASE Index,Microsoft Academic Search Engine,Index Copernicus(UGC Recognized Journal: No 48673), Google Scholar.
9. “A Bio-Inspired and Heuristic-Based Hybrid Algorithm for Effective Performance With Load Balancing in Cloud Environment,” by S. Swarnakar, S. Bhattacharya, C. Banerjee, in IGI Global, International Journal of Cloud Applications and Computing (IJCAC), Vol. 11, Issue 4, 2021.
1. “Multilayer Based Improved Priority Scheduling Algorithm in Cloud Environment.,” by S. Swarnakar, C. Banerjee, K.K. Bharti, A. Prabhakar, In: J. Mandal, S. Mukhopadhyay, P. Dutta, K. Dasgupta (eds) Computational Intelligence, Communications, and Business Analytics. CICBA 2018. Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol 1031. Springer, Singapore, Kolkata, India, 2018, pp. 29-39. July 27-28, 2018.
2. "A Novel Improved Hybrid Model for Load Balancing in Cloud Environment," by S. Swarnakar, Z. Raza, S. Bhattacharya and C. Banerjee, 2018 Fourth International Conference on Research in Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks (ICRCICN), IEEE Conference, Kolkata, India, 2018, pp. 18-22. Nov 22-23, 2018. doi: 10.1109/ICRCICN.2018.8718697.
3. “Burst Probability Based Dynamic Load Balancing Algorithm in Cloud Environment,” by S. Swarnakar, B. Mal, S. Ray and C. Banerjee, 1st International Conference on Innovation in Modern Science and Technology (ICIMSAT 2019),Siliguri, India, Vol 12, Spinger, Cham, Switzerland, pp. 746-756, 20-21 September, 2019.
4. “Dynamic Load Balancing Based Cloud Computing in Network Traffic,” by S. Swarnakar, A. Bhowal and C. Banerjee, 1st International Conference on Innovation in Modern Science and Technology (ICIMSAT 2019),Siliguri, India, Vol 12, Spinger, Cham, Switzerland, pp. 880-887, 20-21 September, 2019.
5. “Parallel Load Efficiency Factor Based Dynamic Load Balancing Algorithm in Cloud Environment,” by S. Swarnakar, A. Priyadarshni, A. Das and C. Banerjee, 1st International Conference on Innovation in Modern Science and Technology (ICIMSAT 2019),Siliguri, India, Vol 12, Spinger, Cham, Switzerland, pp. 901-911, 20-21 September, 2019.
6. “Modified Genetic Based Algorithm for Load Balancing in Cloud Computing,” by S. Swarnakar, N. Kumar, A. Kumar and C. Banerjee, IEEE 1st International Conference for Convergence in Engineering (ICCE), Kolkata, 2020, pp. 255-259, 2020, doi: 10.1109/ICCE50343.2020.9290563.
7. “Improved Dynamic Load Balancing Approach in Cloud Computing,” by S. Swarnakar, R. Kumar, S. Krishn and C. Banerjee, IEEE 1st International Conference for Convergence in Engineering (ICCE), Kolkata, 2020, pp. 195-199, 2020, doi: 10.1109/ICCE50343.2020.9290602.