The Department of Electrical Engineering, Netaji Subhash Engineering College, which has a fine blend of renowned as well as young and dynamic personalities as faculty, is involved in providing Learning Outcome based UG program. It also offers two quality PG programs. The Department offers B.Tech. Program in Electrical Engineering (intake: 120), M.Tech. in Control and Instrumentation (intake: 18) and M.Tech. in Power System(intake: 36). The Departmental academic programmes are well supported by the infrastructure and research resources available in the Institute and supplemented by inputs from industry. The curriculum of the discipline equip the students to build up their professional career in power sector, Core industries, Automation areas, Softrware industries, Research & Development, and to pursue higher studies.
Grants and Accreditation:
The current active areas of academic programs and research include:
- The Departmental UG program was accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) in
2005 - for 3 years
2005 - for 3 years
- The Department has been accredited by TCS (B Category)
- The Department actively participated and was benefited by the World Bank Project TEQIP-I [2004-2007]
The major laboratories in the Department include:
- Signals and Systems; Digital Signal Processing
- Measurement and Instrumentation;
- Power Systems; High Voltage Engineering
- Power Electronics and Electric Drives
- Electrical Machines
- Control Systems;
- Expert Systems and Fuzzy logic control
- Process Control and Automation
- Electrical Machines
- Power Systems
- Measurement and Instrumentation
- Control Systems
- Power Electronics and Drives
- Control and Automation
- Circuit Theory and Network
- Microprocessor and PLC Applications
- Basic Electrical Engineering
In addition the Department has unique laboratories like Component Laboratory and Solar Energy Laboratory. They are used for extramural education to the senior students. The component Laboratory provides exposure to the students and hand-on-practice on the state-of-the-art industrial equipment, apparatus and components. The Solar Energy Laboratory provides exposure to the state-of-the-art Green Energy technology and also exposes the students to energy research.
EE Department has established a Control and Automation Centre (CAC), is equiped with all modern sophisticated control and automation software along with hardware, like latest version of NI LabView, Sample SCADA system, DCS, DAS, Automatic Control System e.g., Level, Pressure, Temperature, CSTR Bioreactor, Transducer kit (all commonly used), Servo control system from FEEDBACK, advanced microprocessor and micro controller kits and three PLCs from GE Fanuc, Siemens and Allen Bradley.
The centre support various academic activities like, M. Tech and B. Tech projects, PG and PhD research and development activities on process control, instrumentation and soft computing. It also provides different continuing education and training program like, seminars and workshop on PLC, SCADA, DCS, Virtual Instrumentation and Process Control and Automation.
The special strengths of the Department are:
- Qualified and dedicated faculty
- Well equipped laboratory suitable for research and development activities
- Large collection of books and learning resources in the Departmental library and video library
- Modern teaching aids used for lecture classes.
Members of Faculty are encouraged to take independent initiatives with collective responsibility in all the relevant academic and R&D dimensions - teaching, curriculum development, graduate research supervision, R&D, organization of conferences, symposia, etc. They have ample freedom to associate as members of team with other faculty, research engineers or with faculty in interdisciplinary areas. The PG student strength is being steadily enhanced to enable more opportunities for research. The Department has an open atmosphere with ample scope for faculty and students to work with other departments and centers within the Institute or with other sister institutes. Students have ample freedom to choose their major sub-disciplines and broaden their base through their choice of elective courses. The Department encourages extra-mural learning by the students through lectures and innovative laboratory practices. They are also encouraged to build up leadership and managerial qualities by way of active participation in organizing Seminars and Conferences of the Departments.
- B. Tech. - Electrical Engineering - 4 years [Intake: 120]
- M. Tech. - Control and Instrumentation - 2 years [Intake: 18]
- M. Tech. - Power System - 2 years [Intake: 36]
- Diploma - Electrical Engineering - 4 years [Intake: 60]
Prof. Partha Sarathi Pal
Associate Professor & HOD
Department of Electrical Engineering
Netaji Subhash Engineering College
Techno City, Panchpota