The department strives to be recognized nationally and internationally for outstanding education and research leading to well-qualified engineers, who are innovative, entrepreneurial, and successful in different fields of research.
- Imparting quality education to the students and enhancing their skills to make them nationally competitive mechanical engineers.
- To build within the student the solid foundation in Mechanical engineering principles, expands the reasoning, communication and problem-solving abilities.
- To develop and maintain a research program in selected focus areas within Mechanical engineering that complements the educational mission and addresses the evolving need of industry.
- To contribute to the society through scientific and technological solutions for existing real life problems and issues.
USP: Mechanical Engineering Department, NSEC
- A perfect blend of highly qualified and industry experienced
faculties (5 PhD holders & 7 are pursuing PhD).
- Prompt and smooth shift to online classes at the onset of the
- Qualified, experienced and affectionate technical assistants who
make sure that every student is properly accustomed to the
machines, experiments and engineering graphics.
- Well-equipped Mechanical Workshop and laboratory set up is one
of the basic strengths of the department which is catering to
regular classes and varieties of student projects.
- Consistently increasing number (with perfect mix) of students’
placement in reputed core sector as well as in IT sector.
- Glittering alumnus in the leading academics, foreign universities,
in multinational organisations, and in other core industries.
- The department offers several Value-Addition trainings which are
designed to bridge the gap between the academia and industry.
These include CREO, AutoCAD, Solid Works, ANSYS, Advanced
- A sustained training in personality development, soft skill and
general & mathematical aptitude to increase employability .
- Our department possesses some of the best lab facilities such as
CNC Lab, Applied Mechanics Lab, Mechanical Workshop, Casting
and Foundry Lab, Applied Thermodynamics Lab, Heat Transfer
Lab, Fluid Mechanics Lab, Dynamics of Machines Lab, Metrology
& Measurement lab, AutoCAD lab, Graphics lab, etc.
- Industrial visits for students from 5 th semester onwards to
enlighten them with the modern developments of the industries.
- Organizing regular webinars where industrial experts keep the
students updated about the latest developments around the world.
- Effective Mentoring System to establish a healthy relationship
between the students and their mentors while catering to the
holistic requirements of the students.
- An active ASME student chapter running successfully.
- Providing willing students internship and brief visits to local
- An one-to-one guidance by the Entrepreneurship Development
Cell to motivate willing students to pursue successful business
models and assisting in setting up of start-ups in collaboration
with CII and other local bodies.