Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India has
established "MHRD's Innovation Cell (MIC)" to systematically foster the culture
of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary
mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting
them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes while they are
MIC has envisioned encouraging creation of "Institution's Innovation Council
(IICs)" across selected HEIs. A network of these IICs will be established to
promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an
innovation promotion eco-system in the campuses.
In this regard, Institution's Innovation Council (IIC) at Netaji Subhash Engineering
College has been established in October, 2019 to encourage the creative energy of
our students to work on new ideas and innovation and promote them to create startups and entrepreneurial ventures.
Major focus of IIC
Functions of IICs
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem.
- Start-up supporting Mechanism in HEIs.
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework.
- Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas.
- Develop better Cognitive Ability for Technology Students.
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bound fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institutionâ€™s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institutionâ€™s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries.
- Dr. H.K.Mandal, Director, [Advisor]
- Prof. Tirthankar Datta, Principal, [Advisor]
- Mr. Sumit Roy, Registrar, [President, IIC]
- Mr. Shilpi Bose, Asst. Prof., [Convener and ARIIA Coordinator]
- Mr. Dhritiman Mandal, Asst. Prof., [Startup Activity Coordinator]
- Dr. Tridibesh Nag, Asst. Prof., [Innovation Activity Coordinator and Internship Coordinator]
- Dr. Atanu Das, Asst. Prof., [Member]
- Dr. Indranil Ghosh, Asso. Prof., [Member]
- Dr. Animesh Bhattacharyay, Asst. Prof., [Member]
- Mr. Arnab Datta, Asst. Prof., [Member]
- Mr. Debdip Bhanjachoudhury, Technical Assistant, [Member]
- Mr. Deborshi Datta, Placement Office, [Member]
- Mr. Diptiman Das, Senior Executive, [Member]
- Mr. Maloy Naskar, Asst. Prof., [Member]
- Mr. Saurav Mitra, Asst. Prof., [Member]
- Mr. Tarak Das, Asst. Prof., [Member]
- Mr. Trishit Banerjee, Asst. Prof., [Member]
- Dr. Partha Sarathi Pal, Asso. Prof., [NIRF Coordinator]
- Dr. Swapna Roy, Asst. Prof., [IPR Activity Coordinator]
- Mrs. Ina Bose, External Expert, [Member]
- Mr. Subhabrata Bhattacharya, External Expert, [Member]
- Mr. Sanket Sarkar, External Expert, [Member]
- Mr. Rictor Bhowmik, External Expert, [Member]
- Dr. Jnui Deb Mallick Datta, [External Expert, Member]
- Naseem Ahmad, Student, [Innovative Activity Coordinator]
- Astha Gupta, Student, [IPR Activity Coordinator]
- Vishal Kunwar, Student, [Start-up Activity Coordinator]
- Ujjayini DeyChowdhuri, Student, [Social Media Coordinator]
- Roni Das, Student, [Member]
- Adrish Dey, Student, [Internship Coordinator]
- Supriya Dhabal, Asst. Prof., [Member]
- Mr. Prodip Mukhopadhyay, External Expert, [Member]