:: Online Unit Test (OUT): Routine & Syllabus ::
The guideline of Online Unit Test (OUT)
- The Online Unit Test ( OUT) will start from 18.05.2020 and continue till 21.05.2020.
- Departments will publish their Test schedule for each semester by 15/05/2020.
- Along with the schedule department will publish the specific subject wise syllabus for the test ( mention there the percentage of syllabus covered).
- Departments can select any digital platforms ( GATE Tutor/ Google form) where both examiner and examinee fill comfort.
- Total marks of the OUT will be at least 25.
- Marks will be distributed as
a) MCQ : 1x5
b) HOTQ ( Numerical/ Analytical etc) 2x 10
[The clarification of HOTQ: Higher-order thinking question involves the inquiry of complex judgmental skills such as critical thinking and problem solving. The questions will be set under this category in such a way that the examinee will get the flavour of ‘ Unrestricted Open Book Test’.]
- Examinee must submit the necessary rough work along with each answer ( if required)
- The concern teacher will provide the link of each digital question paper to the HOD. The HOD will post this as per schedule to the appropriate place( official WhatsApp group/ Google classroom)
- The link of each Question papers will be forwarded by the HOD to the I/C, UAE soon after the examination over. ( A Google form will be created for this and the link of that will be provided).
- Duration of the examination will be 60 minutes. 15-30 minutes Buffer time may be given considering online question distribution and submission of answer.
- All questions should be CO based and mapping with PO will be prepared by the question setter.
- The students who will be absent in the OUT due to the poor network or any other valid reasons should immediately intimate their concern HOD and the concern teacher by email/ WhatsApp/ sms. A viva will be conducted over the phone by the teacher by 23/05/2020 and the call should be recorded for documentation.
- The result of OUT should be published on 27/05/2020.