Netaji Subhash Engineering College (NSEC) established in 1998 is one of the pioneer technical, self-financed institutes affiliated to the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (formerly known as WBUT). Since inception, college is striving continuously in pursuit of excellence in education, research and entrepreneurship to become a center of excellence. The Computer Application department of NSEC was started its journey in 1999 with BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application) course.
Software is a collection of data or computer instructions that tell the computer how to work. A computer application is software program that runs on our computer on top of the system software to solve our problems. Examples of application software are:
WHY CHOOSE BCA AS CAREER OPTION?
- Microsoft office suite of products (Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Internet browsers like Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
- Mobile applications like Facebook, WhatsApp, YouTube player, MX Player, Flipkaart app, Amazon app etc.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR BCA
- IT has entered into each and every aspect of our lives. Rapid advancement of IT technology makes our society more and more dependent on IT enable services on ever changing world. Recently we are passing through a very critical time due to COVID 19. To combat against this pandemic situation, those names come first are Doctors, Nurses, as a Frontline worker, but immediately after the name comes, they are IT professionals who tirelessly working for the betterment of our society by their innovation, creation of new technology. Hence the need for Computer Professional is growing day by day. So, we can feel the demand of IT courses. BCA, is an excellent career choice for those who dream for a career as IT professional.
- BCA is nearly equivalent to BTech/BE in Computer Science or Information technology as per course curriculum and job prospect. Not only that, it takes three years rather than 4 years BE/BTech courses. So, choosing this career option can save time and parent’s money also. Students from any stream can pursue BCA. Only they need to have mathematics/statistics/computer science/computer application as subject at 10+2 level.
- The course imparts knowledge about different computer applications and how to address and solve the problems which arise from a computer and its applications. The course includes subjects such as core programming languages C, C++, Java, Python, RDBMS-ORACLE, Data structure, networking and others. BCA provides various opportunities to the students who wish to pursue their career in IT and software as like BE/BTech in CSE or IT courses.
10+2 passed in General or Vocational Stream from any recognized board.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AFTER BCA
After BCA degree there are numerous career options available for candidates across the country. Interested students may go for higher studies in the same field such as an MCA degree which is just two years duration within this campus.
Students after completing the course have ample job option in the IT and software field like the BE/BTech in CSE or IT students. We provide 100% placement assistance for the students.
Industry or Job Sectors for BCA Graduates
There will be other profiles and job sectors as well depending on the candidate’s previous work experience. If the candidate is a fresher then the post or designation may vary.
BCA Placement Packages/Salary Offered
INR. 2.5 L - 4 L
Package may vary according to candidates’ work exposure, even may be higher than the specified.
WHY CHOOSE BCA AT NSEC:
BRIEF MISSION, VISION AND OBJECTIVE OF THE DEPARTMENT OFFERING BCA
- Infrastructure: The institute has state-of-the-art infrastructure to meet the quality education for students belonging to all strata of the society. The WI-FI enable huge campus area with good ambience provide an ideal environment for teaching and learning. The campus is under surveillance through CCTV Cameras installed at various points within the campus.
- Faculty: We have Experienced, highly qualified and fully dedicated faculty member.
- We have adopted mentoring systems where overall growth of each student will be taken care by of by our faculty members.
- Our faculty members have also adopted online classes on regular basis along with On-line Tests for students.
- Pre-placement training on advanced technology, aptitude, soft-skill, MOCK test for Technical and HR interviews are organized for all students round the year for preparing them industry ready.
- Our T & P Cell has been strengthened by engaging one High Power Committee comprising of senior faculty members of all disciplines under the chairmanship of Principal.
- The Institute provides well equipped and professionally managed centrally controlled digital library.
- The library both departmental and central has a rich collection of books, print journals, IEEE/e-books/e-journals, CD/DVDs and enough number of NPTEL video lecture.
- The Institute has a reading room with seating capacity of 100 students and computers with internet facility on the desk.
- Internship & Industrial Training in Industry
- Apart from the University syllabus, the students are trained to various emerging technologies.
- The main objective is to make the students more employable, and industry ready and enterprising in the market place.
- The training & placement cell of NSEC organizes various value-added domain knowledge training programmes for the students throughout the year.
- The training programme starts from the middle of the course. Various weekly seminars and workshops are organized with eminent speaker from industry and higher learning institutions.
- Student’s seminar on various research areas is also organized departmentally on regular basis. Soft skills training programme are arranged on regular basis for the personality development of the students.
- During last two semesters, students are offered industrial training along with the university curriculum by eminent corporate trainers in the emerging areas like, Machine Learning, Advanced Java Technologies, Android Application Developments, Web development, Full Stack Application Development, Data Science, Cyber Security. etc.
- Many students who got campus placement offers are also engaged in internship offered by the recruiting organizations. Some companies approach us to involve our students for offering internship during last semester of the course.
- Training and Placement
Placement department arranges huge on campus placement opportunities for all the students round the year.
Apart from this,
- Department-wise Project Based Value Added training is organized
- Soft-skill, Aptitude training programme are organized as regular basis round the year to prepare them industry ready.
- Organizing technical workshops & tutorial classes for unplaced students through Peer Group (placed students).
- Proposal taken by high power committee of T & P Cell to explore more opportunities of employment by visiting different companies.
- NSEC Entrepreneurship Development Cell
- In order to nurture the idea of entrepreneurship among the students, NSEC started an entrepreneurship cell in the year 2009.
- It aims to develop and support new and future entrepreneurs thereby striving towards building the capacity of a technology entrepreneur, assessing demand opportunity, developing a marketable product, patenting and licensing, building the right team, raising money and creating value for customer and ventures. Since its inception, the Cell has taken many initiatives for the benefit of Students and Faculty Members.
- The college sets up an incubation center that gives a forum for students to translate an idea into a fundable technology business. The cell also has an objective of equipping the faculty who are interested in and passionate about implementing programs by providing various training with the help of NEN and other networks.
- NSEC Incubation Centre set up under the guideline & Supervision of Confederation of Indian Industries entered into the MOU with Electrixa Energy and Lighting Pvt. Ltd., Noida to start an incubation and Development infrastructure to motivate the students of NSEC.
We are growing continually to achieve excellence in education, research and ethical values for developing manpower with leadership skills, moral values and attitude to accept global challenges. We strive for excellence in technical education for promoting student’s careers as competent professionals in industry and academia, with capabilities of accepting new challenges of the ever-changing world. We provide excellent state of the art environment to promote research activities and new ideas in the field of the recent development of information technology for generating life-long learners, innovators and entrepreneurs in the future. We contribute to socio-economic development through sound knowledge in the latest technology and inculcate habits of working in a team in professionally diversified fields. The department is enriched with experienced and devoted faculty members, well-equipped laboratories and classrooms, excellent library facilities with a very good reading room facility providing all sorts of books of students’ needs, well-equipped language lab providing soft-skill training.
Courses/Training Offered in BCA
We follow the MAKAUT curriculum with a focus on the following:
Dr. Atanu Das
- Try to motivate the students using our subject knowledge & experience.
- Programming languages (C, Java, Python etc).
- Computational mathematics, numerical methods, and optimization.
- Data structure and algorithm design.
- Operating systems.
- Data communication and computer networking.
- Relational database management system.
- Software engineering.
- Web development.
- Multimedia and E-commerce.
- Advanced Java and J2EE application developments.
- Android application developments.
- Machine learning
- Data science.
- Cyber security.
- Training on emerging technologies beyond the curriculum.
- Soft skill and personality development.
- Minor and major projects on the industry.
- Pre-placement training for campus placement opportunities.
- Industry collaborated courses and programmes.
HOD, Department of Computer Applications,
Former Head, Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering, NSEC
Former In-Charge, Dept. of IT, NSEC
Former Coordinator, M. Tech (CSE), NSEC
Netaji Subhash Engineering College,
Techno City, Panchpota, Garia,
Kolkata 700152, WB, INDIA.
Former Guest Faculty, Dept. of CSE & SET, Jadavpur University,
Former Guest Faculty, MAKAUT-WB.
Gold Medalist in M.Sc. 1998 from BU.
Adarsh Vidya Saraswati Rashtruya Puraskar-2019.
IMFR Best Scientist Award-2019.
InSc Research Excellence Award-2020.
VDGOOD Outstanding Scientist Award, International Scientist Awards 2020.
Fellow, Nikhil Bharat Shiksha Parisad- From 2021.
Profile indexed in the Alper-Doger (AD) Scientific Index 2021.
E: Mail: email@example.com
NOTABLE ALUMNI FROM BCA FROM RECENT YEARS
Abhirup Guha, BCA 2009, Company: US Based CPA Firm (Associate Director)
Aindrila Maity, BCA 2018, Company: CTS (Programmer)
Deepika Thapa, BCA 2019, Company: Capgemini (Software Engineer)
Rachana Mandal, BCA 2020, Company Placed: Infosys, Wipro
Ajay Kar Puri, BCA 2020, Company: Capgemini
Garima Choubey, BCA 2020, Company: Larsen and Toubro Infotech Ltd
Oindrila Banerjee, BCA 2020, Company: Infosys
Aaka Paul, BCA 2020, Company: AMAZON
Sharmistha Saha, BCA 2020, Company: Larsen and Toubro Infotech Ltd
SOME PLACED STUDENTS FROM CURRENT 2021 BCA PASSOUT BATCH
Mehelee Pradhan, BCA 2020, Company: TCS
Atul Ranjan, BCA 2020, Company: Wipro
ANKIT SAHA, BCA 2021, Company: 1. Cognizant-Programmer Trainee, 2.TCS-Software Trainee.
MEGHNA MUKHERJEE, BCA 2021, Company: 1. Deloitte- Associate Analyst, 2. LTI-Associate Trainee, 3. Cognizant-Programme Trainee
PIJUSH KANTI LASKAR, BCA 2021, Company: 1. Cognizant-Programme Trainee, 2. Wipro-Scholar Trainee, 3. Infosys-Operations Executive
PURAB BOSE, BCA 2021, Company: Deloitte-Associate Analyst
RONIT SARKAR, BCA 2021, Company: Cognizant- Programme Trainee
ROUNAK BAL, BCA 2021, Company: 1. Chegg India-Managed Network Expert, 2. British Telecom-Trainee associate, 3. Nerdy Turtles-Senior Subject Matter Expert
EVENTS AT DEPARTMENT LEVEL BESIDES COLLEGE LEVEL EVENTS
SANTANU SAHA, BCA 2021, Company: 1. Deloitte-Associate Analyst, 2. TCS-Graduate Trainee, 3. Cognizant-Programme Trainee
SOUJATYA BHATTACHARYA, BCA 2021, Company: 1. Wipro-Scholar Trainee, 2. Extreme Technologies-Software Developer